- The Solar Satellite is a way to create extra power for your Planet.
- Their output is affected by Planet temperature.
- The Solar Satellite is one of the Civil Ships which produces 1-40 energy depending on your distance between the sun.
- It's price and building time is extremely low.
- However, they have no defense themselves.
- They are efficient, however they can be destroyed by an attacking fleet, potentially crippling a Planet's mines or reducing their output.
- If your distance between the sun has a big difference, it is also recommended not to use them as they will produce less energy.
- However, they have the advantage of being ships, not buildings.
- This is because that there is no limit to how many ships you can build instead of buildings.
- The more Solar Satellites built, the more energy is produced.
- A Planet's temperature affects energy and resource production.
- A high temperature Planet will receive a bonus to Solar Satellite efficiency, meaning more energy for the colony, and lower Gas production.
- A colder Planet will produce less energy from Solar Satellites, as well as higher Gas yields.
Metal is not required to build the Solar Satellite
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.